Empowering Africa-China Social Entrepreneurship
CHINA'S FIRST-EVER AFRICAN START-UP PITCH COMPETITION RETURNS
APPLY TO WIN
Calling all Africa-China social innovators and disruptors
Kente & Silk’s African start-up pitch competition is a platform for Africa-China entrepreneurial talent to shine. Following the advancement of social innovation and a need to create solutions that help our new COVID-19 world, all competition applicants MUST enter with social impacting products or services.
If you want this unique chance to be mentored, funded, connected and registered as a promising Africa-China related business in Beijing then apply by completing the form below.
The following competition prizes will be rewarded:
- Beijing Africa Week Prize Fund – to be confirmed at the final as these finances are raised from the events and sponsorship of Beijing Africa Week.
- A registered business at Beijing’s Haidian Pioneer Park Incubator
- Access to mentors
- Access to Africa-China business Influencers and communities
- Ongoing support from K & S – this competition was inspired by Black Livity China who asked how we can support black businesses in China. This inspired K & S to champion African entrepreneurship, as we celebrate Africa in China for Africa Week.
Finalists will be judged on:
- Social Impact – How can your start-up solution effectively solve the social problem/s?
- Purpose & Industry – What is your start-up’s Africa-China related purpose in the following industries Agriculture, Energy Conservation and Environment Protection, Medical & Health, A.I, Software, IT, Consultancy and Services?
- Market Validation – Does your start-up’s service or product have a good market fit?
- Innovation – How is your start-up’s solution transforming a market and what is your competitive advantage?
- Strategy – What is your start-up’s value proposition and how will you deliver that to your target market for sustainable business growth?
- Traction – Where is the measurable evidence that your start-up’s solution/s has growth potential?
- Team – How do your start-up’s team dynamics and experience support your ability to deliver business goals and the mission?
To apply your start-up MUST HAVE:
- An African Founder or Co-founder that is active in the daily affairs of the business.
- An African Founder or Co-founder based in China.
- Started less than 3 years ago/ less than 3 years old.
- A clear business connection to Africa/ Africans in China and/or Africa-China relations
- Create social impact – your business results must provide benefits to a community/ and or create well-being value for society.
The competition application deadline is on June 7th at 23:59 PM
Apply by completing this form: